Read the Newspaper Faster Mod *** PATCH 1.67***

Thursday, June 21, 2012

A sim reading a newspaper

I made this mod for my personal use because I like to read the paper, but I hate the fact that it can take more than an hour to  complete the task.

That's why I came up with this.
This mod edits the CheckCurrentEvents XML file, and any other mod that edits the same XML file won't be compatible.
Honestly, if there's one, I have failed to see it so far.


Basically, I cut the time to a minimum that was acceptable for me. 
  • <kMinimumReadTime value="20">  value was changed to 5 instead
  • <kTimePerPage value="10"> value was changed to 3
 I'm aware that it's a lot faster, but tuning to your own liking is pretty easy if you open the package in S3PE.

Of course, time of reading will vary depending on what happened in your town the day before. 
I use Twallan's Story Progression, so sometimes my Sim still ends up reading for half an hour, but at least she has the time to read the paper in the morning now.

I believe you know the drill. Just unzip and put this mod wherever you put your other mods. Delete the Script.Cache and you're good to go.

Credit goes to Peter Jones at Simlogical for his S3PE Package Editor.

Download on MediaFire 

Download on 4Shared

Cheers!

~ 0 comments: ~

~ Post a Comment ~

Theme images by suprun. Powered by Blogger.